The communal space in the home has been specifically designed for flexibility to enable residents to choose the range and diversity of their social interaction.
It consists of
- a large lounge area that will comfortably seat up to 30 residents,
- a large dining area that provides dining facilities for 20 residents,
- a sun patio, accessed from the main lounge where residents can relax on nice days and a larger patio area and garden where residents can enjoy the sun.
The lounge area is equipped with high quality seating, occasional tables, large screen TV, DVD and music systems. All areas are maintained and furnished to a high standard and all look out over the gardens to the rear
The dining area is suitably equipped and designed to make meal times a sociable and enjoyable experience.
There is a range of bathing facilities to suit the needs of the diverse range of residents that live in the home. The home has:-
- a parker style bath and adapted bath where residents can bathe in comfort.
- a wet room complete with Arjo Carendo bathing systems. The Carendo allows the resident to enjoy comfort, safety and dignity in every hygiene situation. The high backrest of the Carendo fully supports the head and upper body, also allowing residents with lower degrees of mobility to benefit from it. As well as providing optimum physical support, the attractive design and sophisticated look of the Carendo helps to put the resident at ease.
- two further assisted bathrooms including a sit and tilt parker bathing system and a hydraulic bed bath.
- a number of rooms have en-suite toileting facilities.
- toilets are available throughout the home and all are fitted with mobility aids.
The home is equipped with state of the art laundering facilities including two sluicing and sterilising washing machines that use the latest oxygen technology and an industrial standard gas fired tumble dryer.
The home is set in large gardens. The patio areas provide over adequate space that is easily accessible. There is also a sensory garden that has been created on the sun patio.
The external gardens are private and secure and provide formal lawned and patio areas where residents can relax and enjoy the well stocked garden and raised flower beds. Access to the external areas can be gained from the lounge.
Suitable parking space is available at the front and rear of the building.